Flooding and storms

Flooding and storms

Find out if you’re at risk of flooding, what we’ll do to help and how to report flooding.

Call 999 in an emergency where life is in danger.

Find out if you’re at risk of flooding

Through GOV.UK, you can find out if you’re:

You can also sign up for flood warnings.

If flooding affects properties

If major flooding affects properties, we’ll:

  • set up an evacuation centre for those affected
  • use a temporary flood barrier, if suitable

We won’t provide sandbags or individual help to protect properties.

You can buy sandbags and sand from most DIY stores and builders merchants. Find out how to use sandbags to prepare for a flood on GOV.UK.

Report flooding on a road

Call us if there’s a flood on a public road that’s likely to cause an accident or injury:

  • 0117 922 2100, 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
  • 0117 922 2050 at all other times

Report the flood to the Highways Agency, 0300 123 5000 if it’s on a motorway or the A4 Bristol Broadway, Avonmouth.

Report a problem with a drain.

Report flooding from a sewer or a burst water main

To report flooding from a:

Report a recent property flood

Tell us (SWIM form) about a recent flood to help us understand the impact of flooding and reduce the risk in the future.