Find out if you're at risk of flooding, how to better protect yourself from future flooding, what we'll do to help and how to report flooding.

Call 999 in an emergency where life is in danger.

Find out if you're in an area at risk of flooding

Through GOV.UK, you can find out if you're:

You can also sign up for flood warnings Go to (opens new window).

Plan ahead for flooding

You can better protect yourself from future flooding by planning how you'll respond to a flood.

For more information about what the council and partners are doing to manage the risk of flooding, go to our flood risk strategy page.

If flooding affects properties

If major flooding affects properties, we will:

  • set up an evacuation centre for those affected
  • use a temporary flood barrier, if suitable

We don't provide sandbags or individual help to protect properties.

The Environment Agency recommend that you install Property Flood Resilience products in advance of flooding, rather than use sandbags.

How to recover after a flood

You can find guidance on helping you recover from a flood on GOV.UK. It includes:

  • how to find your local flood action group or flood warden
  • checking if you can return home
  • cleaning and repairing your home
  • getting help from Flood Support Officers by calling floodline on 0345 988 1188

Report flooding on a road

Call us if there's a flood on a public road that's likely to cause an accident or injury:

  • 0117 922 2100, 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
  • 0117 922 2050 at all other times

Report the flood to the Highways Agency, 0300 123 5000 if it's on a motorway or the A4 Bristol Broadway, Avonmouth.

Report a problem with a drain.

Report flooding from a sewer or a burst water main

To report flooding from a:

Report a recent property flood

Tell us (FORT form) about a recent flood to help us understand the impact of flooding and reduce the risk in the future.