Where to get help with legal problems for the GRT community, if you're a victim of crime, or to report or get help for a child being abused or neglected.

Community Law Partnership Travellers Advice Team

The Travellers Advice Team (TAT) Go to http://www.communitylawpartnership.co.uk/our-services/gypsies-and-travellers (opens new window) at the Community Law Partnership gives advice, assistance and representation to Gypsies and travellers in England and Wales about:

  • evictions
  • planning 
  • rented sites
  • homelessness
  • cases involving boat-dwellers
  • Public Spaces Protection Orders

Call TAT's dedicated Gypsy and Traveller helpline on 0121 685 8677, between 9.00 am and 1.00 pm Monday to Friday.

Victim Support

Victim Support Go to https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/ (opens new window)  is a free and confidential support service.   It's open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for people affected by crime and traumatic events. You don't need to have reported the crime to the police.

Call: 0808 1689 111

First Response

If you have concerns that a child is being abused or neglected, or if you want to request support on behalf of a child or family contact our First Response team.

Call: 0117 903 6444


Childline Go to https://www.childline.org.uk/ (opens new window) is a free, private and confidential service where you can talk about any concerns you have about a child.

Call: 0800 1111

Police and legal support

The police force  that covers Bristol is Avon and Somerset Police Go to https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/ (opens new window).


  • 999 for emergencies
  • 101 for non-emergencies, if you want to speak to the police but don't  need a response straight away 
  • 0845 456 7000 to give information about a crime

Report online Go to https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report/ (opens new window) a crime or incident online, such as a road accident, lost and found property, or anti-social behaviour.

GRT Police lead

Bristol has a lead police officer for GRT 

Inspector Paul Bolton-Jones badge number (817)

Neighbourhood Inspector, Bristol South Policing Area
Call: 101 (switchboard)
Email: paul.bolton-jones@avonandsomerset.police.uk

Contact the Bristol Law Centre Go to https://www.bristollawcentre.org.uk/contact-us/ (opens new window)  to get legal advice, they are are a  charity providing free legal advice in specialist areas of social welfare law, and also represents clients in court.


Barnardos Go to https://www.barnardos.org.uk/ (opens new window)protect, support and nurture the UK's most vulnerable children. 

They can support:

  • children who have suffered sexual abuse and exploitation
  • young people in care and after they leave the care system 
  • children who are caring for a loved one

They can support families through:

  • domestic abuse
  • mental health problems
  • prison sentences
  • asylum seeking

Call: 0117 934 9726