Puerto Morazan and Bristol
Bristol Link with Nicaragua (BLINC) is the voluntary association which set up and develops the link with Puerto Morazan. It works especially with under-fives through its registered charity Friends of Morazan (number 1111253). BLINC maintains a Nicaraguan part-time development worker in Leon, the regional capital.
Did you know...
- BLINC brought Angela del Soccorro Zelaya Jarquin, a Fairtrade cocoa producer to Bristol for Fairtrade Fortnight 2015 and she worked successfully with more than 2,300 local children in over a dozen schools in Bristol, Bath and South Glos.
- In Puerto Morazan Friends of Morazan has now built its 8th new pre-school in partnership with the Nicaraguan Ministry of Education. FoM also offers teacher training in the Montessori Method plus teaching materials and the installation of latrines and classroom water filters.
- BLINC is working closely with the Nicaraguan Embassy in London to offer opportunities in Nicaragua to Bristol Low Carbon and Green Technology companies during the Green Capital Year. Nicaragua is aiming to generate 90% of its power needs from renewables by 2017.
Mr Clive Weston
BLINC Honorary Secretary
Find out more
Elsewhere on the web
- Nicaragua Government Go to http://www.presidencia.gob.ni/ (opens new window)
- El Nuevo Diario Go to http://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/ (opens new window)
- La Prensa Go to http://www.laprensa.com.ni/ (opens new window)
- Nicaragua Tourism Go to http://www.intur.gob.ni/ (opens new window)
- Nicaragua News in English Go to http://www.nicanet.org/ (opens new window)