Change your trader, landlord, medical or essential visitor permit

Change vehicle registration, or report a loss of your CPZ, trader, landlord, medical or essential visitor permit

Tell us if your vehicle registration number has changed, you want to add a second vehicle or you've lost your Central Parking Zone, trader, landlord, or medical permit.

Change your vehicle registration on a resident's or business permit.

Use this form to change the vehicle registration number on your:

  • Central Parking Zone permit
  • trader permit
  • landlord permit
  • medical permit

Change your permit details

To fill in this form, you’ll need:

  • your permit number
  • your old and new registration numbers
  • a copy of the page in your V5C document that shows the registered keeper's name and vehicle
  • for trader, medical or landlord permits we'll need vehicle insurance showing business use
  • if you’re registering a car you don’t own, you’ll need to send us:
    • a letter from your company, on company headed paper, confirming that you are the user of the vehicle an
    • a copy of the lease agreement
    • details of the payments you've made

You'll need to return the completed form, paperwork and your original permit to us at Bristol City Council, Parking Permits (100TS), PO Box 3399, 100 Temple Street, BRISTOL. BS1 9NE

We can't process changes to permits unless you've returned your original permit. We recommend that you use the Royal Mail signed for service to return your permit.

Report a lost permit

If you've lost your original permit, you'll need to:
•    register it on the report your loss online service to get a loss number
•    enter the loss number in section I of the change your permit details application form

If you lose a permit that has two  vehicle registration numbers within the first 6 months of issue, you'll need to pay for a full permit replacement.  If you lose it  within the  second six months of issue  you'll need to pay 50% of the cost of a replacement permit.