Apply to temporarily put traffic cones on a road, or yellow lines, to help with parking or traffic flow.
How we approve applications
We approve applications based on:
- why you want the area restricted
- where you want the restriction
Examples of dispensation or coning requests are:
- to make sure there's room for a skip to be delivered or for a delivery to be made where the area might usually have cars parked
- to allow a vehicle containing necessary equipment to be parked close to the site
- a domestic removal
- a wedding, funeral or other special event
How much it costs
The cost of the dispensation or coning request on a road where there's not already a parking bay is £26 per day per 5 metre length, up to a maximum of £104 per day.
How to apply
Allow three working days for your application to be processed.
- If you're a council employee, your account code and cost code
- Registration numbers for all your vehicles
- Any documents that you want to upload
We won't contact you to tell you your application has been approved; we'll only contact you if we need more information.