Apply to temporarily suspend a residents' bay, shared-use bay, pay and display bay, limited waiting bay, or a bay in one of our car parks.
When you can suspend a parking bay
You can apply to suspend a parking bay if:
- it helps the movement of traffic
- it makes the area around the space safer
- building work, such as demolition or excavation, is being carried out next to the space
- it's needed for domestic removal
- it's for a wedding, funeral or other special event
It costs £32 per day to suspend a designated parking bay for one vehicle up to five metres long.
Off-street bay suspensions will be charged additional VAT.
How to apply
You must allow three working days for your application to be processed.
- registration numbers for all your vehicles
- any images or documents that explain the work that you plan to do. You'll be able to upload these to the form
- if you're a council employee, your account code and cost code
We won't contact you to tell you your application has been approved; we'll only contact you if we need more information.