Parking: suspend a parking bay
Apply to temporarily suspend a residents’ bay, shared-use bay, pay and display bay, limited waiting bay, or a bay in one of our car parks.
When you can suspend a parking bay
You can apply to suspend a parking bay if:
- it helps the movement of traffic
- it makes the area around the space safer
- building work, such as demolition or excavation, is being carried out next to the space
- it's needed for domestic removal
- it's for a wedding, funeral or other special event
It costs £26 per day to suspend a designated parking bay for one vehicle up to five metres long.
Off-street bay suspensions will be charged additional VAT.
How to apply
You must allow three working days for your application to be processed.
- If you're a council employee, your account code and cost code
- Registration numbers for all your vehicles
- Any images or documents that explain the work that you plan to do. You'll be able to upload these to the form.
We won't contact you to tell you your application has been approved; we'll only contact you if we need more information.