Managing Unauthorised Encampments policy
Managing unauthorised encampments policy
The policies for managing unauthorised encampments and vehicle dwelling encampments on the highway used by Bristol City Council and Avon and Somerset Police.
Policy for managing unauthorised encampments
- Managing Unauthorised encampments protocol (pdf, 1.4MB) (opens new window)
- Joint Police and BCC Enforcement Protocol and Guidance (pdf, 274KB) (opens new window)
- Management of Unauthorised Encampments FAQ (pdf, 191KB) (opens new window)
This protocol sets out the procedures to be adopted by both Bristol City Council and Avon and Somerset Police.
It sets in place a procedure for formal review of the protocol to ensure the protocol remains current, and is able to reflect legislative and national policy changes.
Each subsequence edition is numbered and carries the month and year of publication.
Policy for managing vehicle dwelling encampments on the highway
This policy sets out how we'll:
- manage vehicle dwelling encampments, including how we'll support people living in vehicles
- what action we'll take if an encampment has a high impact on an area
Email email@example.com or call 0117 922 2500 if you're concerned about:
- the welfare of a vehicle occupant
- the way a vehicle dwelling encampment is being managed
Report an unauthorised encampment
How to report an unauthorised encampment and what we'll do