Where you can get the latest information if there's an emergency.
What is an emergency
An emergency can include:
- severe weather
- a Major Accident at a Chemical Site (COMAH)
- a terrorist attack Go to https://www.protectuk.police.uk/ (opens new window)
- pandemic flu
Where to find information
The safest thing to do in a major emergency or severe weather is to follow instructions from the emergency services.
You can get information from local radio, TV and the internet.
- BBC Radio Bristol Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiobristol (opens new window), 94.9FM and 104.6FM
- Heart Go to http://www.heart.co.uk/bristol/ (opens new window), 96.3FM
- Hits Radio Go to https://planetradio.co.uk/hits-radio/bristol/ (opens new window), 106.5FM
- Greatest Hits Radio, 107.2FM
- BBC Points West Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006pft9 (opens new window)
- ITV West Go to http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/ (opens new window)
We'll post information on our homepage, in our newsroom Go to https://news.bristol.gov.uk/ (opens new window), and on Twitter Go to https://twitter.com/BristolCouncil (opens new window).
Information will also be available from BBC Bristol Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/bristol (opens new window) and Avon and Somerset Police Go to https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/newsroom/ (opens new window).
Severe weather travel updates are available from Travel West Go to https://travelwest.info/ (opens new window) and Travel West on Twitter Go to https://twitter.com/travelwestEng (opens new window). This covers buses, park and ride, trains and the roads.
Buses and trains
Bus and train service updates are also available from:
- First Bus Go to https://twitter.com/firstbsa (opens new window), including First bus and park and ride information
- Great Western Railway Go to https://twitter.com/GWRHelp (opens new window)
- National Express Go to https://twitter.com/nxupdates (opens new window)
Information about traffic delays is available from Traffic England Go to http://www.trafficengland.com/ (opens new window).
Contact your provider for service updates: