How to book
We use the Panacea Software System to book translation orders.
If you havent used Panacea before you can create an account when you visit the page.
If you're booking on behalf of an organisation you will need to provide a purchase order number.
When booking an interpreter, give clear information about the proposed assignments. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- The language you need (remember, there are no such languages as 'Swiss' or 'Indian', so contact us and ask for advice if unsure).
- The date, time and duration of the assignment.
- The contact name and designation of the staff member working with the interpreter and who to contact in case of delay.
- The assignment address and whereabouts you wish to meet them (eg reception, ward number).
- The name of the service user, so that the interpreter can identify if the service user is known to them and could compromise their impartiality.
- What the case is about, so that the interpreter can find out about any terminology or procedures in advance, if there is time.
- The number of people who will need interpreting at the meeting. For large meetings we may advise using two or more interpreters.
If an assignment is booked at short notice, that is within 48 hours of the assignment date, you will be charged an emergency rate.
- A booked assignment can be cancelled at any time.
- Please note that a cancelled assignment may incur a financial penalty.
- Cancelled assignments are charged as per the following illustration:
|More than 2 clear days before the date of the assignment||No charge|
|Less than 2 days before the date of the assignment||100%|
Please note there are different cancellation fees for booking a British Sign Language interpreter.