We carried out a review into the effectiveness of Alternative Learning Provision (ALP) in Bristol.
In our review, we wanted to:
- gain a full understanding of how ALP is currently used in Bristol
- enable transparent decision making for future placements
- improve consistency across settings
- agree what we want to achieve with ALP and how we can improve our collaborative approach to specialist education
- inform future ALP recommissioning
- provide momentum for the council to transform and improve ALP
- be a key part of the reform of the SEND system
The report has been added to Improvement Priority 4.3 of the pdf Bristol Local Area Written Statement of Action (1.08 MB) (WSoA) for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
ALP Improvement Plan
We accept all the recommendations in the ALP review report and will take action as a result. We've drafted an Improvement Plan which sets out a range of operational improvements, including:
- what we'll do to deliver the recommendations
- how long it will take, we'll set milestones for delivery so we can track progress
For more information about this work, email ALPHUB@bristol.gov.uk