Training, support and updates for school governors
The Governor Development Service provides information and training to governors, clerks and headteachers.
Your school needs to subscribe to the Governor Development Service to use the resources it provides. These include:
- regular bulletin sent to the chair, clerk and headteacher
- access to policies
- free training
- free networking sessions with other governors
- free places at the annual governors’ conference
- reduced rate school based training and consultancy
Download the training calendar (pdf, 869k) (opens new window) to find out more about training courses and when they're on.
Email email@example.com to apply for a course, stating your name, position, school, and the name and date of course(s) you would like to attend.
Each term the Governors’ Bulletin is sent to headteachers, chairs and clerks, containing relevant news and advice. Here are some recent copies:
- Governors’ Bulletin Issue 94 - Term 3 2015 (pdf, 1.2 MB) (opens new window) (pdf, 1.2MB) (opens new window)
- Governors’ Bulletin Issue 93 - Term 2 2014 (pdf, 1.5 MB) (opens new window) (pdf, 1.5MB) (opens new window)
- Governors’ Bulletin Issue 92 - Term 1 2014 (pdf, 1.8 MB) (opens new window) (pdf, 1.8MB) (opens new window)
Newsletter: ‘The Bristol Governor’
‘The Bristol Governor’ is sent to all governors three times a year and contains information like changes in procedures and regulations, future training events and useful advice on various areas of governance. It goes out in November, February and June. Here’s a recent copy.