The quality of life in Bristol
The quality of life in Bristol
What the Bristol Quality of Life survey is, the latest data from the 2019/20 survey and results of previous surveys
The Quality of Life (QoL) survey provides an annual snapshot of the quality of life in Bristol.
Quality of Life survey 2019/20
The Quality of Life 2019/20 final (pdf, 645KB) (opens new window) report is now available plus the full Quality of Life 2019/20 data dashboard (Open Data Bristol).
The report includes 50 headline measures of the lived experiences for people in Bristol, showing how these have changed over time and how experiences differ in the most deprived areas.
This final report also includes a supplementary document on results for equality groups and wards for the headline measures, and analysis of the 6,000 comments on the changes people want to see in Bristol.
The data dashboard has the full 200 Quality of Life indicators, including data by ward, equality groups and areas of deprivation for all indicators (where possible).
Bristol’s Quality of Life survey
The Quality of Live survey gives local residents an opportunity to voice their opinions about issues close to their hearts and their views on local public services. It has been an annual survey since 2001, but does change over time. The statistics are analysed to a ward level and also equality groups such as age, sex and ethnicity.
The results are used by the council, health service and other public sector partners to help plan local services, track change and improve the quality of life in Bristol. The survey is the council's main tool for providing neighbourhood level statistics and public perception information.
The quality of life results cover topics such as:
- local services
- public perception about living in Bristol
Previous Quality of Life results
Download the Quality of Life 2018/19 report (pdf, 509KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 509KB) (opens new window) , as well as the full Quality of Life 2018/19 data results in Open Data Bristol.
There are over 200 indicators, with most data available by ward, equality group and areas of deprivation.
The Quality of Life statistics for 2005 to 2017 are also still available:
- download the Quality of Life 2017/18 report (pdf, 483KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 483KB) (opens new window)
- See full results from the last three years in the Open Data Bristol data dashboards
- download 2015-16 QoL database tool v3 (all indicators) (xlsm, 7.4MB) (opens new window) (MS Excel required). This database contains all indicators from the 2015-16 survey, plus trend data for Bristol from 2010, with confidence intervals. More technical information and guidance is provided in the tool.
- download 2005 to 2013 QoL database (spreadsheet, 14.5MB) (opens new window) (MS Excel required). This database contains data from 2005 to 2013. Due to changes to the process, 2010-2013 figures may be different.
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2015 to 2016 report (pdf, 6.4MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2014 - 15 report (pdf, 7.0 MB) (pdf, 4.4MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2013 - 14 report (pdf, 7.0 MB) (pdf, 7MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2012 - 13 report (pdf, 6.3 MB) (pdf, 6.3MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2011 - 12 report (pdf, 2.6 MB) (pdf, 2.6MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2010 - 11 report (pdf, 7.1 MB) (pdf, 7.1MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2009_0.pdf (pdf, 1.7MB) (opens new window)