The quality of life in Bristol
Quality of Life 2017/18 results
The Quality of Life 2017/18 report (pdf, 483k) (opens new window) is now available, as well as the full Quality of Life 2017/18 data results in Open Data Bristol.
There are over 200 indicators, with most data available by ward, equality group and areas of deprivation.
The quality of life results cover topics such as:
- local services
- public perception about living in Bristol
Bristol’s Quality of Life survey
The Quality of Life (QoL) survey provides an annual snapshot of the quality of life in Bristol.
In 2017, for the first time, the survey was open to every Bristol resident over 16 who wanted to take part.
It gives local residents an opportunity to voice their opinions about issues close to their hearts and their views on local public services. It has been an annual survey since 2001, but does change over time. The statistics are analysed to a ward level and also equality groups such as age, sex and ethnicity.
The results are used by the council, health service and other public sector partners to help plan local services, track change and improve the quality of life in Bristol. The survey is the council's main tool for providing neighbourhood level statistics and public perception information.
2015-16 Quality of Life results
Over 29,000 Bristol households were randomly invited to take part in the 2015-16 Quality of Life annual survey.
The Quality of Life 2015/16 data results are in Open Data Bristol and the summary report contains analysis on key indicators. Results are also in the database tool.
Previous Quality of Life results
The previous Quality of Life statistics for 2005 to 2016 are still available:
You can download the 2015-16 QoL database tool v3 (all indicators) (xlsm, 7.4MB) (opens new window) and the 2005 to 2013 QoL database (spreadsheet, 14.5MB) (opens new window) (MS Excel required).
This database contains all indicators from the 2015-16 survey, plus trend data for Bristol from 2010, with confidence intervals.
The second database contains data from 2005 to 2013. Due to changes to the process, 2010-2013 figures may be different.
More technical information and guidance is noted in the tool.
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2015 to 2016 report (pdf, 6.4MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2014 - 15 report (pdf, 7.0 MB) (pdf, 4.4MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2013 - 14 report (pdf, 7.0 MB) (pdf, 7MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2012 - 13 report (pdf, 6.3 MB) (pdf, 6.3MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2011 - 12 report (pdf, 2.6 MB) (pdf, 2.6MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2010 - 11 report (pdf, 7.1 MB) (pdf, 7.1MB) (opens new window)
- Quality of Life in Bristol 2009_0.pdf (pdf, 1.7MB) (opens new window)