Register to vote as a Crown servant or as a British Council employee

If you’re working outside the UK as a Crown servant or as an employee of the British Council, you can register to vote.

You can also register if you’re married to, or are the civil partner of, a Crown servant or British Council employee, and you’re accompanying them during their employment abroad.

You’re allowed to vote in all elections.

Crown Service registration lasts for five years.

Register to vote
on the GOV.UK website

How to vote

If you’re living abroad you can vote by post. Check that postage times will allow enough time to receive and return your ballot papers.

You can also ask someone to vote on your behalf. This is called a proxy vote.

Privacy Notice

Read our privacy statement and our Electoral Services privacy notice (pdf, 71k) (opens new window) to see what we do with your personal information.