About Bristol Healthy Schools
What is Bristol Healthy Schools and how your school could benefit from it.
The Healthy Schools programme is a nationally recognised programme that supports the core aim of Public Health England to protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing.
Schools play an important role in helping children, staff, families and the wider community live a healthy life.
Bristol Healthy Schools help schools that want to improve the health and wellbeing of their pupils, staff and local community.
- training and events
- teaching resources
- information about services
- advice on improving the health and wellbeing of students, or on specific health issues
We also run an awards programme.
How Bristol Healthy Schools can help your school
Schools help children be active through sports and other activities, teach them about health and wellbeing through the curriculum, and provide healthy lunches.
By getting involved with our programme, your school can:
- improve pupil health and wellbeing
- improve results because happy, healthy children do better in school
- get access to the most up to date advice, guidance and resources around health and well being
This will help Bristol children and young people to develop into healthy, happy adults who understand how to have a healthy lifestyle.
For general enquiries, comments or questions about Bristol Healthy Schools contact us:
The Healthy Schools leads are:
- Jess Baugh
- Jess Dicken
- Bonnie Dimond