Brown food waste bin and caddy
Find out what you can and can’t put in your brown food waste bin and caddy
You can put in:
- bread, pasta, cereal and rice
- cooked and uncooked food
- dairy products and egg shells
- fruit and vegetables
- leftover food
- meat, fish and bones
- tea bags and coffee grounds
You can’t put in:
- any other household waste
- corn starch liners without the compostable logo
- glass: put in your black recycling box
- metal: put in your green recycling box
- plastic: put in your green recycling box
- shredded paper: put in your black recycling box
- cardboard: put in your green recycling box
Using your brown food waste bin and caddy
Brown food waste bin
This is the food waste bin you put out on your collection day every week. It’s designed to be stored outside and should be kept locked at the handle.
Brown food waste caddy
This is a smaller bin for your kitchen to collect your food waste. When full, empty it into your brown food waste bin.
Food can be placed in to the brown food waste caddy loose or you can line it with a compostable liner, newspaper or non-black plastic bag.