Cremations can take place at either of our crematoria: South Bristol or Canford, Monday to Friday between 9am and 4.30pm.
Both crematoria are members of the Federation of British Cremation Authorities and work to the Code of Cremation Practice (pdf, 43k) (opens new window) .
Arrange a cremation
- Canford Cemetery and Crematorium: 0117 903 8280
- South Bristol Cemetery and Crematorium: 0117 903 8330
Fees you may need to pay under Section 9 of the Cremation Act 1902 by Bristol City Council for the cremation of human remains in the South Bristol and Canford Crematoria as from 1 August 2017.
For the cremation of remains of:
- a stillborn child or a person whose age at the time of death did not exceed fifteen years: free
- a person was over the age of 16 years old at the time of death: £770
The cremation charge for adults includes a surcharge of £47. There is no surcharge for children.
The fee includes the use of the chapel, all attendance after the coffin has been placed on the catafalque by the funeral directors, the use of the organ, and the services of the official organist and one of the following:
- the strewing of the cremated remains within a designated area of the cemetery grounds
- the Certificate for the Burial of Cremated Remains (where required)
Services booked at 9am or 9.30am cost £575.
We can't hold cremations after 4.30pm.
- scattering cremated remains in the Garden of Remembrance when the cremation took place elsewhere: £60
- scattering cremated remains of a body in the Garden of Rememberance when cremation has taken place at either Canford or South Bristol Crematoria: £30
- Bristol cremated remains casket: £50