Where and when a cremation can take place, how to book one and how much it costs.
Where cremations can take place
Cremations can only take place at either of our crematoriums
- South Bristol crematorium
- Canford crematorium
A cremation can take place:
- Monday to Friday
- between 9am and 3.45pm
Arrange a cremation
Cremation fees from 1 May 2022
For the cremation of a:
- stillborn child or a person under 18 years old at the time of their death:
- early service time (9am, 9.30am,10am): includes 30 minute slot and 20 minute service: free
- regular time: includes 45 minute slot and 30 minute service: free
- person 18 years old or older at the time of death:
- early service time (9am, 9.30am,10am): includes 30 minute slot and 20 minute service: £730
- regular time: includes 45 minute slot and 30 minute service: £1030
The above cremation fees include:
- all professional fees relating to the administration and registration of the cremation, in line with statutory requirements
- the use of our chapel and attendance of our Chapel Assistant on the day of the service
- the use of our music system during the service
- use of organist
- the scattering of ashes in our Garden of Remembrance unwitnessed or the preparation of the ashes for their removal, along with a Cremation Certificate
We can also look after the ashes for a period of up to 2 months before requesting final instructions.
- Additional time in the Chapel, includes 45 minute slot and 30 minute service: £210
- Direct Cremation Fee £430 (a direct cremation is an unattended cremation with no mourners present)
- Cremation Fees include any environmental levy where applicable
- Chapel use only, includes 45 minute slot and 30 minute service: £210
- Witnessed scatter of ashes £35
- Witnessed/Unwitnessed scatter of ashes where cremation took place elsewhere: £70
Memorial products to purchase direct from crematorium
For memorial and Book of Remembrance fees visit our Cremation and memorials page.
Additional media services
We can also provide these media services:
A complimentary square photo shown during the service.
Single Photo: £20
This will be displayed throughout the service.
Slideshow: : £65
Photo slideshow of up to 25 photos, to display on a loop, or once, during the service.
Pro Tribute Professional slideshow: £80
Up to 25 photos, set to music.
Each extra 25 photos: £25
Up to 25 additional photos for professional slideshow.
Keepsake copy of visual tribute: £25
Keepsake copy of tribute.
Downloadable copy of Visual Tribute: £10
Downloadable copy of professional tribute, confirm no. of days/permeant.
Professional checking and preparation of video tribute made by family, or third party.
Extra work: £25
Additional editing, revision or extra professional work not covered in standard packages above.
Live web cast and 28-day downloadable: £60
Live webcast of service includes live webcast, available for downloading for 28 days.
Keepsake Copy:£60 (first copy)
Webcast recording to keep. We can provide a DVD, CD, Blu-ray or USB stick copy.
Additional Keepsake copies: £25
Additional copies of the webcast in DVD, CD, Blu-ray or USB stick copy.