Barton House evacuation: information for residents.

You can take waste to the transfer station or arrange for a commercial contractor to dispose of your waste.

You cant put waste out for council collections as these are for domestic use only.

Everyone has a legal 'duty of care' to ensure your household or business waste is disposed of correctly. You can be prosecuted even if your waste is fly-tipped by someone else on your behalf.

Always use a registered waste carrier to collect your rubbish.

Find a registered waste carrier in your area on the Environment Agency's website.

Commercial waste: your duty of care

All businesses have a pdf commercial waste duty of care (169 KB) . Failure to follow this can result in prosecutions.

Take waste to the transfer station

You can take business waste and recyclables to the transfer station at Kings Weston Lane, Avonmouth, BS11 0YS (next to the Household Waste Recycling centre).

We take:


If you separate your recyclable materials either prior to visit, or on site, you can save money.

A minimum charge may apply.

Opening hours

  • Monday to Friday: 8am to 4.30pm
  • Saturday: 8am to 11.30am
  • Sunday: Closed

Waste contractors

You can arrange for a waste collection from a commercial contractor.

Alternatively see the commercial waste section of the Yell website for details of waste contractors in your local area.