How the Committee Model Working Group was formed, what it does, how to get involved.
How we made established the Committee Model Working Group
In May 2022, Bristol voted in a referendum to move from the existing mayoral model to a committee model of governance. This will take effect from 5 May 2024.
At the May 2022 meeting of Full Council, councillors agreed to set up a cross-party working group to develop the committee model. This is called the Committee Model Working Group (CMWG).
What the CMWG does
The CMWG is responsible for developing the structure of the new model. This includes:
- reviewing the functions of all council committees
- making any changes to ways of working
- undertaking a range of engagement activities with the public
Members of the CMWG
The CMWG includes representatives of all political parties. The current membership is:
- Councillor Helen Holland (Chair)
- Councillor Jenny Bartle (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor Nicola Beech
- Councillor Marley Bennett
- Councillor Richard Eddy
- Councillor Lorraine Francis
- Councillor Geoff Gollop
- Councillor Gary Hopkins
- Councillor Tim Kent
- Councillor Mo Makawi
- Councillor Steve Pearce
- Councillor Guy Poultney
Tuesday 13 December 2022
Thursday 27 October 2022
The CMWG reported to the Overview and Scrutiny Management Board (OSMB) setting out progress to date. You can watch the meeting recording on YouTube.
We'll be promoting future engagement sessions through:
- this web page
- social media channels
- the council's community networks
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- join our mailing list for upcoming engagement events
- share any questions or suggestions with the CMWG