Read about our ambitions for meeting housing needs in Bristol, including the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy, housing policies, and supporting documents.
We are committed to minimising rough sleeping and homelessness in Bristol and enabling citizens in need of housing to access affordable, needs-based accommodation.
Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2019 to 2024
Our five year Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy aims to help prevent homelessness and make Bristol a city where nobody sleeps rough.
- pdf Homelessnesss and Rough Sleeping Strategy Strategy 2019 to 2024 (1.09 MB)
- pdf Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy : action plan (273 KB)
- pdf Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Review 2018 (1.16 MB)
The strategy was developed by:
- Bristol City Council
- the NHS
- voluntary organisations
- homeless charities and people with lived experience of homelessness and rough sleeping
A public consultation was also held earlier on 2019.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) the Bristol Homelessness Action Partnership (BHAP) re-reviewed the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2019 to 2024, to re-assess the priorities of the strategy and the impact that this is likely to have on housing and homelessness in the city.
The focus of some actions outlined in the high level action plan may change in response to coronavirus (COVID-19). However, it was felt that the five main priorities outlined in the strategy remained robust and relevant.
The Core group (BHAP) to the Bristol Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy continue to monitor the suitability and relevance of the five priorities in view of the constantly changing circumstances that we are now operating in whilst delivering homeless prevention services in the city.
Rough Sleeping Encampment Policy
Tackling homelessness and rough sleeping is a key commitment of our Corporate Strategy 2018-2023.
This policy outlines how we propose to manage rough sleeping encampments on council land.
Housing Allocations Scheme
Our pdf Housing Allocations Scheme (320 KB) explains who is eligible to be included on HomeChoice Bristol's housing register.
Bristol's private housing stock analysed
We commissioned BRE to analyse our private housing stock and produce an integrated stock model.
- pdf BRE Client Report: Integrated Dwelling Level Housing Stock Modelling and Database for Bristol City Council (25.83 MB)
The stock model includes:
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Tenancy deposit scheme data