Current and past revenue budget and capital programme.
Budget documents for 2019/20
- Budget Report, 2019/20 item 320
- Appendix 1: Budget by directorate, item 320
- Appendix 2: Capital programme, item 320
- Appendix 3: Budget risk register report, item 320
- Appendix 4: Treasury management strategy, item 320
- Appendix 5: Flexible use of capital receipts strategy, item 320
- Appendix 6: Consultation report, item 320
- Appendix 7: Relevance check, council budget 2019/20, item 320
- Appendix 8: Statutory calculations in respect of council tax, item 320
- Appendix 9A: OSMB report to cabinet, item 320
- Appendix 9B: RSC report to cabinet, item 320
- Appendix 9C: MTFP and budget scrutiny T group, item 320
Medium term financial plan 2017/18 to 2021/22 and capital strategy
The medium term financial plan and capital strategy are key financial planning documents. They form part of our policy and budget framework, as set out in our constitution.
They give a reference point for executive decision making and make sure we can balance our financial resources and delivery of the priorities in our corporate strategy.
- Medium term financial plan 2017/18 to 2021/22 (pdf, 1.6MB) (opens new window)
- Capital strategy
- Appendix: Medium term financial plan December 2018 update
- Appendix: resourcing principles
Before the start of each financial year, we need to set a budget for our day-to-day expenditure. This is called the Revenue Budget and is the amount of money we'll need to provide our services during the year, taking into account grants we receive from the Government. Examples include staff salaries, building maintenance and the costs of running council vehicles.
It's a legal requirement for us to set a balanced budget i.e. expenditure can't be more than our income.
Capital expenditure is usually spending of a 'one-off' nature and results in the construction or improvement of an asset such as a building or car park.
These are the approved revenue and capital budgets and information relating to the council's medium term spending plans.
Budget documents for 2018/19
- Budget Report 2018/19, item 208.
- Appendix 1 - Draft Budget by Directorate 0_01, item 208.
- Appendix 1.1 People, item 208.
- Appendix 1.2 Resources, item 208.
- Appendix 1.3 Neighbourhoods, item 208.
- Appendix 1.4 Place, item 208.
- Appendix 1.5 Corporate, item 208.
- Appendix 2 - Capital Programme, item 208.
- Appendix 3 - Budget Risks Matrix, item 208.
- Appendix 4 - Treasury Management Strategy, item 208.
- Appendix 5 - Flexible Use of Capital Receipts Strategy, item 208.
- Appendix 6 - Savings proposals, item 208.
- Appendix 7 - Consultation Report, item 208.
- Appendix 8 - Relevance Check - Council Budget 2018-19, item 208.
- Appendix 9 - Statutory Calculations in respect of Council Tax, item 208.
- Appendix 10 - Comments to Cabinet re Budget Scrutiny, item 208.