Arts and culture funding
Arts and culture funding
Information about arts and culture funding and how to apply.
Cultural Investment Programme (CIP) 2023 to 2027
Through the Cultural Investment Programme 2023 to 27, we'll provide grants for Bristol-based organisations and individuals to deliver arts and culture activities, events or festivals. We'll offer both project specific grants and unrestricted funding.
Our vision is to make arts and culture accessible for all citizens.
We've used our learning from the last round of the Cultural Investment Programme (2018 to 2023), and feedback from Bristol’s cultural sector to inform and improve how we distribute funding over the next four years.
The Cultural Investment Programme 2023 to 2027:
- has a total grant budget of £2,442,240
- consists of three funds:
- Originators (1 year)
- Imagination (2 years)
- Openness (4 years)
Applications to the Imagination Fund 2023 to 25 and Openness Fund 2023 to 27 are open.
Find out more and apply to the Imagination Fund 2023 to 25.
Find out more and apply to the Openness Fund 2023 to 27.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 14 June, 5pm.
Applications for the Originators Fund 2023 to 24 will open towards the end of 2022. We'll announce further details about this process in Summer 2022.
Information and advice sessions: Imagination 2023 to 25 and Openness 2023 to 27
Information event, Thursday 28 April, 11am to 12noon
Presentations about the Imagination & Openness Fund and a 20-minute Q&A session.
This event will be recorded and the recording will be shared via our YouTube channel.
We'll run 1:1 session for Imagination and Openness grant-seekers with members of the Arts and Events Team in May. Dates to be announced.
The Originators Fund 2022 to 2023 is now closed to applications.
Read more about the Originators Fund 2022 to 2023.
Previous Originators funding
- Projects receiving Originators funding 2022 to 2023 (pdf, 237KB) (opens new window)
- Artists and organisations receiving Originators funding, 2021 to 2022 (pdf, 206KB) (opens new window)
- Artists and organisations receiving Originators funding (delayed), 2020 to 2021 (pdf, 205KB) (opens new window)
- Artists and organisations that had Originators funding, 2019 to 2020 (pdf, 205KB) (opens new window)
- Artists and organisations that had Originators funding, 2018 to 2019 (pdf, 241KB) (opens new window)
Find out about the 12 current and 15 previously funded projects being supported with Imagination funding:
- Organisations with Imagination funding, 2020 to 2022 (pdf, 195KB) (opens new window)
- Organisations that had Imagination funding, 2018 to 2020 (pdf, 200KB) (opens new window)
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the arts and cultural sector, the current Imagination grants have been extended by a year until 31 March 2023.
Find out about the 17 organisations being supported with Openness funding:
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on the arts and cultural sector, the current Openness grants have been extended by a year until 31 March 2023.
City Centre and High Streets Economic Recovery Culture and Events Programme
Through the City Centre and High Streets Economic Recovery Culture and Events Programme, we’re investing in the culture and events sector to:
- support Bristol’s city centre and high streets
- help the recovery of the culture and events sector
- re-establish the city’s reputation for creativity and imagination following the impacts of COVID-19
Find out more on the City Centre and High Streets Economic Recovery Culture and Events Programme webpage.
COVID-19 business support
Visit our COVID-19 information for businesses page for advice and support.
This is to help organisations, sole traders and freelancers.
COVID-19 event planning support
For information on how to apply for Site Permissions to hold an event in Bristol, visit EventApp Bristol City Council.
For information on making your events and activities COVID secure, visit our Advice for supporting outdoor events.
Join our mailing list
Sign up to our Bristol Arts and Events mailing list.
This way we can send you monthly updates about:
- arts and events