A nature reserve with woodland, streams and areas of meadow in north Bristol.
- The River Trym flows through the valley.
- Opening hours: Open at all times
- Admission is free.
- Parking is available at adjacent roads.
- No public toilet facilities. Nearest public toilets are at Southmead Customer Service Point
- Tarmac paths provide good access for wheelchairs. Visitors with wheelchairs should use the Doncaster Road entrance (phone Bristol Parks if you need a key).
How to get there
Badock's Wood is in Southmead, north Bristol. It can be accessed from Lakewood Road or Doncaster Road.
Badock's Wood, Lakewood Road, Southmead, BS10
Friends of Badock's Wood is a group of local residents interested in protecting and enhancing the local nature reserve. The group has regular meetings and organises work days and events.
The woodland is probably at least 400 years old. Local industrialist and landowner, Sir Stanley Badock, acquired the woods and surrounding parklands when he bought the Holmwood estate in 1905.
In 1937, he gave part of the wood to the City of Bristol for the enjoyment of local people. It then became known as 'Badock's Wood'.
- Site of Nature Conservation Interest
- Scheduled ancient monument - Round Barrow (Bronze Age burial mound).