Look at and track planning applications
Find applications in your area and look at weekly lists of new applications, decisions and appeals.
Find a specific application
If you have a planning application number, you can look at the application and related documents by searching.
at Planning Online.
You can track applications and set up email alerts at Planning Online. Find out about using the Planning Online website.
Find planning applications in your area
You can find planning applications near a specific postcode using the PlanningFinder website. This is an external website and we aren’t responsible for the content.
You can also look at our weekly lists of applications:
- new planning applications (pdf, 242k) (opens new window) : this list is two weeks in arrears so that applications can be fully registered
- new planning applications that affect listed buildings or conservation areas (pdf, 28k) (opens new window) : we update this list every Wednesday
- our decisions on applications (pdf, 298k) (opens new window)
If you want to look at older lists, use the Weekly/Monthly Lists search on our Planning Online site.
Other ways to look at applications
You can make an appointment to:
- look at historical planning applications and documents in person
Appointments are available on Thursdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm at The City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR.
To make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 922 3000.
Look at planning appeals
To see a list of appeals that are in progress, use the Appeals Search on our Planning Online website. To search for appeals:
- in the Appeal Status box, choose Appeal in progress
- select Search at the bottom of the page
To see the planning application the appeal is for, select an appeal and then select Related Cases. You can look at appeal documents by going to the original planning application and then selecting Documents.