How to get copies of documents or a written planning history and how much it costs.
You can search online for planning documents and print these out yourself. Planning documents are protected by copyright, so you can only print documents out:
- for using in consultations
- to compare current applications with earlier schemes
- to check if completed developments have followed approved plans
If you can't print the documents out yourself, you can ask us for printed copies. There is a charge for this.
Planning and building regulations documents
To get a copy of a document, write to us at Planning Searches (City Hall 3D) PO Box 3399, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 9NE.
You'll need to include:
- what information you need, such as the type of document
- the number of copies you need
- the site address or application number
- your name and address
- a cheque or postal order made payable to Bristol City Council
Charges per document:
- Notice of Decision (Planning: before August 2005): £17.80
- Notice of Decision (Building Regulations): £17.80
- Completion Certificate: £17.80
- Planning Agreements: £30.20
- Notice of Listing: £1
- Tree Preservation Order: £17.80
- Adopted Highway Record Extract: £32.60
- Copy of definitive map of Public Rights of Way: £10
Written planning history
To get a written planning history, contact us by:
- emailing email@example.com
- writing to Planning Searches (City Hall 3D) PO Box 3399, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 9NE (this can take up to 3 weeks for you to receive the copy document)
- faxing Planning Searches on 0117 922 3861
You'll need to include:
- a location plan for the site
- a cheque for £43.30 made payable to Bristol City Council
If your request will take longer than an hour, we'll contact you to request a further fee. This is charged at £43.30 per hour or part hour.
We won't send you the history until you have paid the full fee.
This is for extra documents such as individual plans that were submitted with a planning application.
- A4 copies: £1 for the first three sheets; £0.35 for each sheet after that
- A3 copies: £1 each
- A0, A1 or A2 copies: £6
The charge will apply for plans supplied in paper or by email.
Other ways to get copies of documents or look at planning history
You can make an appointment to:
- get copies of planning documents
- look at planning history
- look at the Public Rights of Way register
Appointments are available on Thursdays between 9.30am and 4.30pm at The City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR.
To make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 922 3000.