Gambling Act 2005: Bristol's Statement of Gambling Policy
Gambling Act 2005: Bristol's Statement of Gambling Policy and the
Bristol's Statement of Gambling Policy and the revised Gambling Policy for 2019.
The current Statement of Gambling Policy 2019 (pdf, 502KB) (opens new window) came into effect on 31 Janaury 2019.
You can also view the:
- Local Area Profile (pdf, 219KB) (opens new window)
- Template Risk Assessment form (word doc, 58KB) (opens new window)
We're required to review the policy every three years.
The key objectives of the current policy are to:
- to prevent gambling from being a source of crime and disorder
- to enable gambling to be conducted in a fair and open way
- to protect children and other vulnerable people from gambling. It covers betting, gaming, casinos, lotteries and bingo.
We recognises the need to both protect vulnerable people and to support the local economy in order to maintain Bristol's position as a regional centre.
One of the requirements of the Gambling Act 2005 is for local authorities to produce a Statement of Gambling Policy setting out how gambling will be regulated.
You can obtain a paper copy of the statement from the Licensing Team by writing to us at:
Licensing Team (Temple Street), Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176, Bristol BS3 9FS
Or you can speak to us in person at:
Citizen Service Point, 100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG.