Our website will be unavailable from midday to 3pm on Wednesday 24 July. Sorry for any inconvenience.

How to get a refund if you've overpaid council tax.

If you've moved out of Bristol and have overpaid

You'll get an automatic refund if you've paid too much money by Direct Debit.

The refund will go into your bank account when you tell us you've moved.

If you don't pay your council tax by Direct Debit we'll send you a cheque to your new address.

If you've moved within Bristol and have overpaid

Your credit will automatically transfer to your new council tax account.