What a housing officer does, who your local housing officer is and how to contact them.
What a housing officer does
We have around 60 housing officers who:
- help council tenants understand what's expected of them as a tenant
- talk to tenants at their pre-tenancy assessments and six weekly new tenant visits about what to expect from the council
- make sure council properties are looked after and maintained
- make sure tenants can get the right support if they have learning difficulties or physical or mental health issues
- take enforcement action against tenants involved in anti-social behaviour or in breach of their tenancy conditions
- work with other services such as the Police, Social Services and SARI to make sure tenants are safe and supported
- work with tenants to apply for funding for projects to improve their community
Who your local housing officer is
Every council property in the city has a housing officer.
spreadsheet Patch list to show who they are on your road (67 KB)
How to contact a housing officer
If you want to speak to your Housing Officer, call our Citizen Services Centre on 0117 922 2200, select option 4.