Barton House evacuation: information for residents.

Information about jobs, placements and work experience in social work and care.

We're recruiting additional social workers and care workers to help support our most vulnerable citizens during the coronavirus (Covid-19) emergency.

Careworker roles

We urgently need more careworkers to support people in residential care and at home during during the Covid-19 emergency.   

There are permanent, temporary full time and part time roles available and you don't need a CV to apply.

Visit Proud to Care Go to (opens new window) to see how you can make a difference in people's lives.

Get experience before you train

If you don't have a social work and care qualification, there are jobs that will give you the experience you need before you train for a qualification.

Jobs include:

  • care assistant in a residential home
  • reablement worker
  • social care practitioner
  • care worker
  • family support worker
  • social worker assistant
  • home care assistant
  • catering and domestic worker in residential units
  • administration, for example Unit Coordinator 

Many jobs give you experience that may lead to work-based qualifications.

Apply for jobs

If you're a qualified practitioner, or you're looking for experience before you train, you can find and apply for jobs on our jobs website.

Find and apply for social care jobs

Placements for social work students

We offer a range of practice learning opportunities and observation placements to students from the University of Bristol and the University of the West of England.

Your university department arranges these placements directly. You shouldn't try to arrange placements independently.

For more information about practice learning with us, email:

Voluntary work and work experience

Our work is confidential. We can only offer work experience and shadowing opportunities to people who:

  • are thinking about returning to Social Work
  • are thinking about working in a local authority
  • have a relevant DBS check

You need to provide references.

Career progression

If you'd like to progress in a career in Social Work, we offer professional support, including:

  • opportunities for professional development and learning
  • support to maintain your HCPC registration
  • supervision from a qualified social worker
  • an extensive induction for all newly qualified social workers
  • an established Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme for all newly qualified social workers
  • opportunities for career progression to train as a BIA, AMHP, Practice educator or other specialist social work roles