Barton House evacuation: information for residents.

Contact us to report someone breaking a byelaw or the police to report someone breaking the law.

Someone breaking a byelaw

Most of Bristol's parks and green spaces are covered by the pdf byelaws for pleasure grounds, public walks and open spaces (449 KB)  . The Downs are covered by the pdf Clifton and Durdham Downs byelaws (39 KB) .

Police and Community Support Officers (PCSOs) and council officers check parks and green spaces. If they see someone breaking a byelaw that person will be asked to stop. If they continue they might be removed from the area and can be fined up to £500.

If you think someone is breaking a byelaw, report it to us. For example, report someone:

  • holding an unauthorised event
  • running a business activity without permission
  • camping or parking overnight
  • damaging plants, flowers, life-saving equipment or park furniture
  • driving a motor vehicle through the park

Possible delays to non-urgent enquiries

Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) there may be some delays in processing and responding to non-urgent parks and green space enquiries.

We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Report someone breaking a byelaw

Someone breaking the law

Contact the police to report:

  • vandalism
  • aggressive language or threatening behaviour
  • physical attacks
  • drunken behaviour
  • drug taking or dealing

You can:

Something needs cleaning up or repairing

If you see something that needs cleaning up or repairing in a park or green space, report it to us. For example:

  • litter or rubbish
  • broken play equipment
  • graffiti

Report a maintenance problem

Related links