If your business has a premises in an RPS area you can apply for business and customer permits.
Business permits are for operational vehicles that are insured for business use.
You can have two vehicles on each permit so you can swap the permit between the vehicles. It will only cover one vehicle at a time.
Customer permits can be used by any vehicle.
How many permits you can get
Easton & St Philips
Businesses can apply for up to five customer permits and two business permits in Easton & St Philips RPS.
All other areas
Businesses can apply for up to seven permits, You can get any combination of business and customer permits, up to seven in total.
Get business and customer permits
You apply for and manage business and customer parking online. Our business permits are now digital so nothing needs to be displayed in the vehicle. Customer permits will continue to be paper permits and will need to be displayed in the vehicle when used.
Your permits will be active straight after your application has been approved and paid for.
If you haven't got a MiPermit account to register and apply online you'll need:
- an email address to register
- your business rates NNDR account number, If you don't have this, you'll need to contact your Head Office or the bill payer to get the account number
- your business postcode
- a debit or credit card to pay for your permit(s)
- for business permits only you'll need a vehicle registration certificate V5C (log book) for each vehicle
If you have a MiPermit account to apply online you'll need:
- to sign into your account
Cost of permits per year
Easton and St Phillips
- Business permits are £100 a year first permit, £200 a year second permit
- Customer permits are £100 a year
All other areas
- Business permits are £280 a year
- Customer permits are £292 a year
Businesses in receipt of small business rate relief, based on a rateable value of less than £12,001, can get a discount:
- Discounted business permit: £164 a year
- Discounted customer permit: £176 a year
When you apply for your digital permits you can choose to pay by quarterly instalments. You can choose to auto renew to renew for a maximum of 12 months.
Annual renewal of your business and customer permits
You need to apply for new digital business and customer permits three weeks before your paper or digital permit expires.