What Family Hubs are, who they're for, how they can help you, contact a Family Hub.
What Family Hubs are
Family Hubs offer information, advice and help to all families in Bristol.
- run activities
- support you and your family to access other services and information
- you only need to go to one place for information
- professionals work together to give you advice and information
- you only need to explain what you need help with once, rather than having to tell lots of different people
Who can use Family Hubs
You can use Family Hubs if you're:
- expecting a baby
- a family with children aged from 0 to 19, or up to 25 for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
What Family Hubs can help with
Family Hubs can give you information and support about anything relating to you and your family, including:
- activity groups at Family Hubs and elsewhere in your community
- midwifery and health visiting services
- childcare, nurseries and education
- support for wellbeing and mental health, including:
- drop in baby groups
- one to one support
- specialist group support
- parenting support, such as:
- drop in baby groups
- parenting classes
- opportunities to meet other parents
- help with feeding your baby
- housing and debt advice
- youth and play services, such as:
- Stay and Play (play and learn for children under 5)
- youth clubs
- support for children with SEND
Visit or contact a Family Hub
There are 3 Family Hubs, based in:
- Barton Hill
You don't need to book to visit a Family Hub, you can just drop in. You can check the timetable for each Hub to see what's on before you go.
Wellspring Hub at Barton Hill
Address: Wellspring Settlement, 43 Ducie Road, Bristol, BS5 0AX
Call: 0117 955 6971
Email: use the contact form
- Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:30pm
- Friday, 9am to 1pm
Wellspring Hub is part of a network of Children’s Centres in east and central Bristol which include:
Hartcliffe Family Hub
Address: Hartcliffe Nursery and Children's Centre, Hareclive Road, Bristol, BS13 0JW
Call: 0117 374 6362
Timetable. This is the timetable for all South Bristol Children's Centres. Activities at Hartcliffe say Hartcliffe Children's Centre.
Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Southmead Family Hub
Address: Southmead Children's Centre, Doncaster Road, Bristol, BS10 5PW
Call: 0117 903 0740
Timetable. This is the timetable for all North Bristol Children's Centres. Activities at Southmead say Southmead.
- Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
- Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
Why Family Hubs are important
Family Hubs help you give your children the best start in life by providing you with the support you need from early pregnancy.
The early years of your child's life can be a challenging time. From conception to the age of 2 is an especially critical time for children's emotional and physical development.
The right early support helps children:
- do well in school and beyond
- have good mental health and wellbeing
More help for new parents
If you're a new parent or expecting a baby, visit Start for Life.