Citizen Service Point
Citizen Service Point
If you need help using our services or need access to a computer to contact us, you can visit the Citizen Service Point.
Changes due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
From 18 March 2020 the Citizen Service Point (CSP) will only be handling emergency cases until further notice.
The decision has been taken to promote social distancing and to ensure some protection for frontline staff who serve hundreds of citizens on a daily basis. Services which will temporarily be unavailable in the CSP are all available either online or by telephone.
Essential services that will continue:
- Local Crisis Prevention Fund
- homelessness: if citizens are not homeless on the day a triage can be undertaken on the phone
- antisocial behaviour (severe cases)
- keys for end of tenancy
- licencing will be provided by licensing service but will be limited
- self-serve computers will be available (spaced out)
- Traffic Regulation Order consultations
Non-essential services that will not be available at the CSP for a short period:
- assistance to complete Home Choice Bristol forms – (online or phone)
- assistance on other application forms (Housing Benefit, Council Tax etc.) – (online support available by phone)
- providing supporting documents for applications – (online)
- EU Settlement applications – (online or a rearranged appointment at a later date)
- Travel Card and Blue Badges – (online or phone)
- notifying tenancy changes – (online)
- Council Tax Reduction – (online or phone)
- Universal Credit (except in an emergency) – can contact DWP and CAB for advice
- applying for white goods – (online or phone)
Many people find what they need online. You can:
The Citizen Service Point has computers that you can use to get council services.
You can also get advice from staff in person. If we think you’ll need more help, we'll book a one to one appointment for you.
100 Temple Street, Bristol, BS1 6AG
|Monday||9am to 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||10am to 5pm|
|Thursday||9am to 5pm|
|Friday||9am to 5pm|
The Citizen Service Point is closed on all bank holidays. Find out when bank holidays are on GOV.UK.
If you have access needs or other disabilities, this video will help you understand what to expect when you visit the Citizen Service Point.
If English isn’t your first language, you can get help from an interpreter over the phone, who can answer your queries in your own language. Speak to staff at the Citizen Service Point for more information.
If you need a British Sign Language interpreter, speak to staff at the Citizen Service Point.
Post offices and paypoints at shops
You can also pay bills at post offices and at shops with a paypoint.
If you're paying your council housing rent you'll need to use a housing payment swipe card. To get a swipe card use the online form to request new and replacement cards. Start your enquiry with 'Payment swipe card'. Read about housing payment swipe cards (pdf, 20KB) (opens new window)
Allow four working days for payments to reach your rent account.
Map of the Citizen Service Point