Council tax charges and bands
Find out which council tax band your property is in and how much you have to pay.
Council tax bands and charges 2017/18
Each property in Bristol is in one of these council tax bands:
Council tax band
Property value range
Council tax charge
|A||Up to and including £40,000||£1,199.84|
|B||£40,001 - £52,000||£1,399.80|
|C||£52,001 - £68,000||£1,599.77|
|D||£68,001 - £88,000||£1,799.75|
|E||£88,001 - £120,000||£2,199.70|
|F||£120,001 - £160,000||£2,599.63|
|G||£160,001 - £320,000||£2,999.59|
In England, these bands are based on their value on 1 April 1991.
What band you're in
Search for your council tax band on the GOV.UK website
Appeal if you think your council tax band is wrong
Contact the Valuation Office Agency to appeal or for advice.
You can only appeal against the banding of your property:
- after the property has been demolished
- if a house has been converted into flats
- if there are physical changes in the area that change the value of the property
- if the Valuation Officer changes what band your property is in
- within six months of becoming the person who pays the council tax
- the Court making a band change to a property that is similar to yours
- if you’ve made alterations to the property which changes the value
- starting or stopping to use part of your property for business reasons
If you appeal, you must continue to pay council tax until your appeal is decided.