Services for children and young people
In Bristol you are never very far away from one of our libraries. Every library has a wide range of books for children and young people.
If you are a child or young person, we have loads to offer you:
- Join up for free and borrow books for free, you're never too young to start enjoying the library
- Free book reservations for children and young people
- Free computer access
- Weekly singing and story sessions for early years children
- School holiday activities for children of all ages
- Book clubs for children and young people in some libraries
- Hire DVDs, CDs and console games from some libraries
Please use the links on the right to find out more.
If you are a teacher or children's practitioner, find out more about library services for teachers and schools.
eBooks for children, from Peters.
- Choose up to 2 eBooks at a time from over 300 titles
- aimed at ages 5 to 12, with more books coming as the months go by.
- There are no eBook renewals, but you can check the book out again.
- Reservations are free but you only get 3 days to download a title once it's available.
- The EPUB and PDF eBook formats used here work on most eReader devices, except for the Amazon Kindle.
- eBooks can be downloaded to computers but users will need to: 1) create a free Adobe ID Online, and 2) install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Downloading to tablets or smartphones is simpler, just download a free app.
Login: Use your library card number and your PIN.
Use Librarieswest eBooks for Kids
Help with using eBooks for kids
Look at our FAQs section
Contact us with an eBooks query