Register of licensed properties
The register only includes properties that are licensed under the Housing Act 2004.
A property should be licensed if it:
- has one or more storeys (including cellars, attics, basements, mezzanine floors and loft conversions)
- is occupied by five or more people from two or more households
- has share facilitiesd like a kitchen, bathroom or laundry room
The register includes:
- names and addresses of a property’s landlord and any managing agents
- permitted number of occupiers
Accessing the register
There are three ways to access the register.
Short online register
The short online version of the property register has addresses, property and licence types for the licensed properties.
Contact us for details of up to three properties
This option is only available for individuals and not companies.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the correct addresses for the properties
- how you'd like to get the details, by post or by email
Get a hard copy of some or all of the register
This option is available for companies or individuals.
You must book an appointment to come to the office if you want a copy of the entire register.
You can't use details on this register for marketing purposes or without the consent of the individuals listed on it. See our data protection policy.
There is a charge of £94.97 for this service.
To pay online:
- Go to the online payments page
- Select 'Property Licensing Fees'
- Select 'Mandatory HMO Licence Fees'
- In the Reference Number box enter 123456789012
- Enter your own address, email address and card details (these will not be shared with anyone)
- When you receive confirmation of payment, forward this to email@example.com with a covering email
Pay by cheque
Cheques should be made payable to Bristol City Council and sent with a covering letter to:
Private Housing (100TS)
Bristol City Council
PO Box 3176