Legislation that describes what you must do to act lawfully in estate agency work.
There are several important pieces of legislation describing what you must do to act lawfully when engaging in estate agency work.
- Estate Agents Act 1979 and relevant legislation:
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPRs)
- Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008 (BPRs)
- Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
- Companies Act 2006
- The Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015
- Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017
- The Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations applicable to your nation
The Business Companion website has free and impartial information about trading standards and consumer protection legislation.