Car parking and Park and Ride
1. Off-street parking
You can look at a map of car parks in Bristol.
These are car parks that we run. Choose a car park for prices, times and maximum stays:
- Bristol First Hotel, BS1 6BQ
- Brunswick Square, BS2 8PE
- College Street, BS1 9UU
- Frog Lane, BS1 5UY
- The Grove, BS1 4RB
- Lower Guinea Street, BS1 6SY
- Mardyke Wharf, BS8 4UR
- Maritime Heritage Centre, BS1 6JL
- Portwall Lane, BS1 6NB
- Queen Square, BS1 4NT
- Redcliffe Parade, BS1 6SW
- Temple Gate, BS1 6PL
- Trenchard Street, BS1 5AN
- Wapping Wharf, BS1 6JL
- West End, BS8 1EH
2. On-street parking and charges
On-street parking is free in areas that aren’t in Residents’ Parking Scheme areas or the Controlled Parking Zone. Check local signs to see if time limits and restrictions apply.
There are parking restrictions in the Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) in the centre of Bristol. There are signs to tell you what restrictions apply.
You can park for free on Sundays and bank holidays in the CPZ.
Pay and display charges
You can park in on-street bays for up to 1, 2 or 4 hours. The prices and times you can park in on-street bays are different for each location. Check the signs or ticket machines when you park, or find out more on the RingGo parking locator.
1 hour zone charges
Monday to Saturday:
- up to 1 hour from 8am to 6pm: £3
- 6pm to midnight: £3
- 6pm to 9am: £4.50
Sunday and bank holiday: free
2 hour zone charges
Monday to Saturday:
- up to 2 hours, 8am to 6pm: £4.00
- 6pm to midnight: £3.00
- Sunday and bank holiday: free
Evening parking is free in some areas. Check the pay and display machine when parking.
4 hour zone charges
Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm: £5 for up to 4 hoursEvening, Sunday and bank holiday: free
3. Residents’ Parking Scheme (RPS) areas
There is some pay and display parking in these areas. These usually charge from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, but days, times and maximum stays vary in different areas.
Check local signs when you park.
Find out more about Residents’ Parking Schemes.
Monday to Friday, up to:
- 15 minutes in Easton and St Phillips: free
- 30 minutes in all RPS areas except Easton and St Phillips: free
- 1 hour: £1
- 2 hours: £2
- 3 hours: £3
- 4 hours: £4 (not available in all scheme areas)
- 5 hours: £5 (not available in all scheme areas)
You can park for free on Sundays and bank holidays in all RPS areas except Bower Ashton.
Evening and Saturday times and charges are different in each area.
4. Park and Ride
You can park your car and ride a bus into Bristol. Look at a map of Park and Ride locations on the Travelwest website. You can also find out about opening hours, bus times and fares at the Travelwest site.
There is no charge for parking. Bus fares apply.