How community organisations can apply take over the management of the former public toilets in Avonmouth.
The building is the disused public toilets on the edge of Avonmouth Park at Avonmouth Road, Bristol, BS11 9EN.
This is a single storey building of traditional construction with a pitched, tiled roof.
Expressions of interest update
The closing date for expressions of interest was 13 January 2020.
We're in discussion with a community-based organisation which submitted a detailed proposal to re-use and improve these disused toilets. We'll make a decision about the current application by June 2022.
If the current proposal is not successful, we will update this page with further information for other community-based organisations that may be interested in taking over these premises.
We've left the information available for all interested parties.
Before you apply for the Community Asset Transfer you should read pdf Appendix A: Community Asset Transfer (CAT) Policy (601 KB) .
The policy lists:
- what sort of organisations can apply for Community Asset Transfers
- the criteria your organisation will need to meet
- the standards which your organisation must be signed up to
You should also read our Avonmouth CAT brief and supporting documents:
- pdf Avonmouth toilets CAT brief (359 KB)
- pdf Appendix B: Draft Service Agreement (89 KB)
- pdf Appendix C: Location/site plan (337 KB)
- pdf Appendix D: Floor plan (66 KB)
- pdf Appendix E: Suggested topics for Expression of Interest (119 KB)
The Avonmouth CAT brief lists:
- details of the property
- expected uses of the property
- what we expect from a future tenant
- the full application process
If you've any difficulties accessing these documents, email email@example.com
Apply for the Community Asset Transfer
You must submit your proposal by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
We must receive your expression of interest no later than 9am on 13 January 2020.
Call us on 0117 903 6440 if you can't submit your proposal by email.