There are different types of building regulation applications you can make and you need to decide on the type of application for your planned build, extension or alteration work.

Depending on your proposed project, you may also need planning permission.

High risk buildings applications

From 1 October 2023 any building control applications for buildings that meet the high risk building definition can only be submitted directly to the Building Safety Regulator.

Find more information about this change and managing building control approval applications for higher-risk buildings.