Information on the Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Development Plan.
Lawrence Weston became a designated neighbourhood planning area on 31 January 2013.
You can look at a map of the pdf Lawrence Weston neighbourhood planning area (383 KB) .
Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Planning Forum became the designated forum for this area on 1 May 2013.
The Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Development Plan is now part of the development plan for Bristol and is being used with the Bristol Local Plan to decide planning applications in Lawrence Weston.
Re-designation of Forum
pdf An application (2.94 MB) was received on 9 February 2018 to re-designate the Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Planning Group as the Neighbourhood (Planning) Forum for the area.
The Forum was re-designated on 21 May 2018.
The application was determined in accordance with the relevant requirements of the pdf Localism Act 2011 and the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) (195 KB) . Further details on the designation process can be downloaded below.
Neighbourhood Plan 'made'
At the Full Council meeting of 14 March 2017, following a positive referendum result, Bristol City Council resolved to 'make' the Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Development Plan.
See our pdf decision statement (418 KB) for information.
Copies of the decision statement and the neighbourhood development plan are also available to inspect at:
City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
The neighbourhood development plan will now be used with the Local Plan to decide planning applications in Lawrence Weston. The plan and supporting documents can be viewed below:
- pdf Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Development Plan: Made 14 March 2017 (4.48 MB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Local Lettings Policy (Version 0_07) (555 KB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Design Statement (2.58 MB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Housing Needs Summary (79 KB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Retail Study (2.20 MB)
- pdf Shopper Survey Charts (182 KB)
- pdf Former Lawrence Weston College Site: Planning and Design Brief (3.50 MB)
To get involved in the forum contact Mark Pepper (Chair) at email@example.com
Results of the Lawrence Weston Referendum
We held a referendum on 23 February 2017 to decide if the pdf The Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Development Plan (4.49 MB) should be used to decide planning applications.
More people voted 'yes' than no' in this referendum.
Decision to proceed to referendum
Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Planning Forum formally submitted their neighbourhood development plan in March 2016.
The submission documents are set out below together with the subsequent representations made.
Graham Self, an independent examiner, carried out an pdf examination of the plan (377 KB) .
He recommended that the plan should be modified and that there should be a referendum on the modified plan.
On 19 December 2016 we determined that a modified Lawrence Weston neighbourhood development plan met the requirements for a neighbourhood development plan and could proceed to referendum.
Neighbourhood Development Plan submission documents:
- pdf Map of the Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Planning Area (383 KB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Development Plan (4.15 MB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Design Statement (2.58 MB)
- pdf Regulation 14 Consultation Feedback (1.17 MB)
- pdf Consultation Statement (1.40 MB)
- pdf Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulations Assessment: Determination letter (631 KB)
- pdf Equality Impact Assessment (532 KB)
- pdf Basic Conditions Statetement (668 KB)
- pdf Lawrence Weston Local Lettings Policy (555 KB)
Representations received on submitted Neighbourhood Development Plan
- pdf Ambition Lawrence Weston (710 KB)
- pdf Bristol Clinical Commissioning Group/NHS (649 KB)
- pdf British Horse Society (11 KB)
- pdf Leslie Charlotte MP (345 KB)
- pdf Highways England (78 KB)
- pdf Historic England (137 KB)
- pdf Joint Local Access Forum (20 KB)
- pdf National Grid (206 KB)
- pdf Natural England (69 KB)
- pdf Network Rail (43 KB)
- pdf Persimmon Homes Ltd (1.79 MB)
- pdf Public Heath Bristol (97 KB)
- pdf South Gloucestershire Council (90 KB)
- pdf The Coal Authority (239 KB)
- pdf Sue Wilkes (12 KB)
- pdf Bristol City Council (429 KB)
pdf Original forum designation application for Lawrence Weston (including constitution) Go to index.php?option=com_docman&view=document&alias=2506-lawrence-weston-npa-application&category_slug=documents&Itemid=159 (opens new window) (10.83 MB)
pdf Information sheet – 2016 update Go to index.php?option=com_docman&view=document&alias=2508-160606-information-sheet-2016-update&category_slug=documents&Itemid=159 (opens new window) (336 KB)
pdf Neighbourhood Planning Leaflet Go to index.php?option=com_docman&view=document&alias=2509-neighbourhood-planning-leaflet-2016&category_slug=documents&Itemid=159 (opens new window) (157 KB)