Information about the Old Market Neighbourhood Development Plan.
Old Market became a designated neighbourhood planning area on 31 January 2013. You can look at pdf a map of the Old Market neighbourhood planning area (4.09 MB) .
Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Planning Forum became the designated forum for this area on 1 May 2013.
The Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Development Plan is now part of the development plan for Bristol and is being used with the Bristol Local Plan to decide planning applications in Old Market.
To get involved in the forum email Paul Bradburn: email@example.com
Redesignation of forum
An pdf application (2.58 MB) was made on 6 November 2018 to redesignate Old Market Community Association as the Neighbourhood (Planning) Forum for the Old Market Neighbourhood Planning Area.
The forum was redesignated on 7 March 2019.
The application was determined in accordance with the relevant requirements of the pdf Localism Act 2011 and the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) (199 KB) . Further details on the designation process can be downloaded below.
Neighbourhood Plan ‘made'
At the Full Council meeting of 15 March 2016, following a positive referendum result, Bristol City Council resolved to ‘make' the Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Development Plan.
You can look at pdf our statement (132 KB) setting out this decision.
Copies of the decision statement and the neighbourhood development plan are also available to inspect at City Hall, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
The neighbourhood development plan will now be used with the Local Plan to decide planning applications in Old Market Quarter.
Neighbourhood Development Plan documents
- pdf Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Development Plan (16.75 MB)
- pdf Our decision statement on the making of the plan (132 KB)
We held a referendum on 25 February 2016 to decide if the pdf Old Market neighbourhood development plan (17.11 MB) should be used to decide planning applications.
Results of the Old Market Referendum
More people voted 'yes' in this referendum.
Neighbourhood Development Plan referendum documents
- pdf Information statement (942 KB)
- pdf Information for voters (962 KB)
- pdf Independent examiner's report (138 KB)
- pdf Summary of representations submitted to the examiner (144 KB)
- pdf Our decision statement on compliance with basic conditions and legal requirements (5.22 MB)
Submission of the plan
Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Planning Forum formally submitted their neighbourhood development plan in 2015.
Graham Self, an independent examiner, carried out an examination of the plan. You can look at pdf the examiner's report for the neighbourhood development plan (138 KB) . You can also look at a pdf summary of representations submitted to examiner (144 KB) .
He recommended that the plan should be updated and that there should be a referendum on the updated plan. The referendum will decide if it is used alongside the Bristol Local Plan when we make decisions on planning applications in Old Market.
We worked with Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Forum to update the plan based on the recommendations. On 10 December 2015 we determined that the updated Old Market Quarter neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements for a neighbourhood development plan. This means it is ready for a referendum. You can look at pdf our statement setting out this decision (5.22 MB) .
Neighbourhood development plan submission documents
- pdf Map of the Old Market Quarter Neighbourhood Planning Area (4.09 MB)
- pdf Consultation Statement (4.03 MB)
- pdf Basic Conditions Statement (441 KB)
- pdf Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulations Assessment: determination letter (409 KB)
Responses to the Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Responses B: pdf Bristol City Council (722 KB) , pdf Belsten, Tim (12 KB) , pdf Bouygues Development (324 KB) , pdf Bristol Civic Society (48 KB) , pdf Bristol Pubs Group (91 KB)
- Responses C: pdf The Coal Authority (31 KB)
- Responses E: pdf English Heritage (74 KB)
- Responses H: pdf Harmsworth Pension Fund (Indigo Planning) (193 KB) , pdf Highways Agency (13 KB)
- Responses M: pdf Marine Management Organisation (138 KB) , pdf Martin, T (23 KB)
- Responses O: pdf Old Market Manor Ltd (13 KB)
- Responses R: pdf Regen SW (95 KB)
- Responses S: pdf SW Transport Network & Bristol Gay Village (244 KB)
- Responses T: pdf Trowbridge, Martyn (10 KB)
pdf 2013 Forum designation application for Old Market (including constitution) Go to index.php?option=com_docman&view=document&alias=2624-old-market-quarter-forum-application-2013-redacted&category_slug=documents&Itemid=159 (opens new window) (193 KB)
pdf Information sheet, 2016 update Go to index.php?option=com_docman&view=document&alias=2591-160606-neighbourhoodplanningleaflet-2016-update&category_slug=documents&Itemid=159 (opens new window) (157 KB)