Barton House evacuation: information for residents.

What you need to provide when you apply for a school place if you’re moving to Bristol from an overseas military or crown posting.

You must provide a confirmation of posting with your school admission application.

This confirmation must be an official letter that declares a relocation date and a Unit postal address or quartering area address. 

School place offers

A school place will be offered to children of UK Armed Services Personnel and Crown Servants before moving to Bristol. 

We may not be able to offer your child a school place at your preferred school if: 

  • the year group is full or 
  • your child did not qualify for a school place under the published admissions criteria

Moving into another local authority area

If you’re moving into another local authority area, and want to apply for a school place at a Bristol School, a school place will be reserved if your child qualifies for a school place under the published admissions criteria. 

If a school place can’t be offered, the Local Authority where you are planning to live is responsible for offering an alternative school place. You should contact your prospective home local authority for further information.