How to adopt a child in Bristol and support for people involved in adoption.
Information on adoption and the support available is now on the Adoption West website.
Adoption West is the adoption agency of these councils:
- Bath and North East Somerset
- North Somerset
- South Gloucestershire
Adoption West's team can offer advice and support on:
- adopting a child or children
- Non-Agency Partner Adoption (NAPA), formerly known as step-parent Adoption
- adoption Support, including information on The Adoption Support Fund
- Birth Links, a support service for adopted adults and for birth relatives affected by adoption
They run regular information sessions for those considering adoption, this is an opportunity to:
- hear about Adoption West
- talk about the adoption process
- understand more about the type of children waiting for their adoptive homes
- hear from an experienced adopter
Find out more and sign up to the information sessions.
Thinking about adoption for your child
If you're considering placing your own child for adoption, you can contact us on 0117 903 6444 to speak to a social worker. You can look at information about what will happen and where to get more advice on the CoramBAAF website.