Organisations who can help you or someone you know with drug or alcohol misuse.

Bristol ROADS

Bristol ROADS (Recovery Orientated Alcohol and Drugs Service) is commissioned by Bristol City Council.

ROADS is a partnership between:

For general advice and support visit the DHI website first.

ROADS can help you with: 

  • general drug and alcohol misuse advice
  • advice on detoxing, residential rehabilitation or getting an opioid substitute prescription 
  • information about how you can reduce the harm substances can cause
  • needle exchange
  • nursing support, including wound care
  • naloxone supply
  • blood-borne virus support

Call 0117 440 0540 or email for information on how to access our services.

Drop in sessions

Drop in sessions and Community Recovery Hubs are closed, until further notice. Check this page for updates.

BDP's Early Engagement and Intervention service also provides outreach support across Bristol.

Professional guidance

If you're a professional looking to support someone over 18 to access ROADS services,  fill in the document ROADS Referral Form (111 KB)  and email it to

If you're a GP, access the online REMEDY Referral Support Tool for clinical pathways and guidelines.

See the pdf ROADS Delivery Model (406 KB) , an overview of substance misuse treatment provision in Bristol.

Mutual aid

Self-help groups for people experiencing difficulties with drugs or alcohol:

For young people

The Bristol Drugs Project Youth Team (BDP) work with Creative Youth Network to support young people who live in Bristol and are using alcohol or any drug. They work with young people aged 11 to 19 years or up to aged 24 if they have a learning difficulty or disability.

The team also offer support to young people who are concerned about a family member who uses drugs or alcohol. 

They aim to help young people deal with problems early, before they experience a greater level of harm.

During this time young people can continue to access BDP services by telephone, text or WhatsApp.

For details of the service or to make a referral visit the website or call 0117 987 6008.

Young people with complex needs

Young People's Substance Misuse Treatment Service

The Young People's Substance Misuse Treatment Service works with young people under 18 who have more problematic use of any drug or alcohol, or who have additional mental health needs alongside their substance use. This service is part of the Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).

To speak to a member of staff or to make a referral call 0117 342 5729.

Face-to-face services are suspended until further notice. Contact with young people and their families will instead take place over the phone.

Drugs and Young People's Project

The Drugs and Young People's Project (DYPP), provides support for children and young people under 18 who use any drug or alcohol and who have a social worker or who work with Families in Focus.

This service also supports children and young people whose parents or carers misuse substances.

Referrals can be made by the social worker or Family in Focus worker.  Call 0117 377 2997.

For families and friends

If you're affected by someone else's alcohol or drug use you can access support through DHI. We're open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Call 0330 024 0445 or email

Homelessness and housing

Supported housing opportunities are available for people in different stages of recovery from the Addiction Recovery Agency (ARA).

Call 0117 930 0282 for more information.

Professionals can refer someone through the Housing Support Register.

National advice services