Find out if you're eligible for a disabled person's bus pass and apply online

To apply for a disabled persons' bus pass you must:

  • live in the Bristol City Council area 
  • have an eligible disability 

Who can apply

You can apply if:

  • you're severely sight impaired (SSI) or sight impaired (SI)
  • you're profoundly or severely deaf
  • you cannot speak or your ability to speak is severely and permanently impaired
  • you're a veteran or service person and you receive a lump sum payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme in tariff 1-8 or you receive the War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.
  • you have a learning disability
  • you do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
  • your ability to walk is permanently and severely impaired
  • you already have a blue badge
  • you're unable to drive due to a medical condition


To apply for a disabled person's bus pass using our online form, you'll need to upload:

We'll also need to see evidence of your disability (see below)

Apply for a disabled persons' bus pass

Other ways to apply

Contact us for a form in a different format such as Braille, audio CD, large print, electronic, BSL DVD or community language.

If you can't apply online, you can download, print and fill in a paper application form: 

You need to send us:

  • the completed application form
  • a passport photo
  • evidence of your disability
  • proof of your address 

Send it to:

If you can't print the application form, email or call 0117 922 2600.

Evidence of your disability

You can either:

  • tell us your blue badge number so we can check your records
  • get your doctor to complete a pdf Medical Evidence Form (181 KB)
  • upload one of the following to the form:
    • Proof of Attendance Allowance
    • Proof of the higher rate of mobility for Disability Living Allowance
    • DWP letter awarding Personal independence Payment (PIP) with a score of at least 8 points for Moving around
    • DWP letter awarding Personal independence Payment (PIP) with a score of at least 8 points for Communicating verbally"

Companion bus pass

If you're unable to travel on public transport without help, you can get a companion bus pass. You can apply for this using the disabled person's bus pass form.  


Three months before your card runs out we'll write to you and invite you to apply for another disabled person's bus pass (we'll enclose an application form).

If you do not hear from us, email or call 0117 922 2600.

Please let us know if you have changed address.

You do not need to return expired cards. Cut up old cards and put them in the bin.

Contact us

Concessionary Travel (CH)
PO Box 3399

Telephone: 0117 922 2600


Privacy statement

Read our privacy statement and our pdf Concessionary Fares privacy notice (175 KB)  to see what we do with your personal information.

Fraud Prevention and Detection:

Bristol City Council is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for auditing, administering public funds, or where undertaking a public function, in order to prevent and detect fraud. Read fraud prevention and detection for more information.