Find out if you're eligible for an older person's bus pass and apply online.
Who can apply
To apply for an older person's bus pass you must:
- live in the Bristol City Council area, you can check which council area you're in
- be of State Pension age
You can apply up to 30 days before your state pension age and your card will be posted to you on or before this date.
To apply for your bus pass using our online form you'll need to upload:
- proof of your address such as a household bill, driving licence or bank statement
- proof of your date of birth such as your birth certificate, passport or driving licence
- a passport photo: digital or scanned photo on your computer: see rules for passport photos on GOV.UK
Only new applications can get a bus pass online.
Other ways to apply
You need to send us:
- the completed application form
- a passport photo
- proof of your age
- proof of your address
Send it to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Concessionary Travel (CH)
PO Box 3399
If you can't print the application form, email email@example.com or call 0117 922 2600.
Renew your pass
You do not need to renew your bus pass if your current one is expiring soon. We'll send your new one in the post at least two weeks before the other one runs out.
If you do not hear from us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 922 2600.
You do not need to return expired cards. Cut up old cards and put them in the bin.
Let us know if you have changed address.