Bristol Healthy Schools
What is Bristol Healthy Schools and how your school could benefit from it.
The Healthy Schools programme is a nationally recognised programme that supports the core aim of Public Health England to protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing.
Bristol Healthy Schools help schools that want to improve the health and wellbeing of their pupils, staff and local community.
- training and events
- teaching resources
- information about services
- advice on improving the health and wellbeing of students, or on specific health issues
We also run an awards programme.
How Bristol Healthy Schools can help your school
Schools help children be active through sports and other activities, teach them about health and wellbeing through the curriculum, and provide healthy lunches.
By getting involved with our programme, your school can:
- improve pupil health and wellbeing
- improve results because happy, healthy children do better in school
- get access to the most up to date advice, guidance and resources around health and well being
This will help Bristol children and young people to develop into healthy, happy adults who understand how to have a healthy lifestyle.
How working towards an award helps your school
By working towards an award, your school can focus on specific health issues your pupils might have and create real changes in their behaviour. It will also help your school to meet best practice standards on specific health issues.
Working towards an award:
- improves pupil health and wellbeing
- improves results because happy, healthy children do better in school
- means your school can use evidence from the award to help with OFSTED inspections
- gets recognition for the school’s hard work
- helps staff with their Continued Professional Development
- can improve staff wellbeing
- shows families with pupils at your school, and the local community, that you’re committed to improving health and wellbeing
By completing an award, your school will join the growing network of schools in the city achieving Healthy Schools awards.
Applications to our awards are closed. We'll be re-launching the awards programme in December 2017.